When it comes to your AC system, the first thing to consider before you go for a repair or replacement is to talk with AC maintenance and repair technicians. This is all the more vital, especially if you have no idea about how your unit works. Professional and well trained technicians can give you suggestions about your AC system issues. However, here are few indications that something isn’t quite well with your AC, if you see any of these symptoms, it’s time you contacted a service repair company immediately:
AC Repair Signs :
- If your AC unit will not turn on, then it is better to call a repair service company (although first ensure your breakers are fine and there’s no blown fuse)
- If the AC system is just producing room temperature, but no more cool air, then it’s time to contact a professional
- One more easy sign you may observe is the amount of water leaked by your unit, if it’s more than the usual amount, it is time to call a trained technician
- If there’s big chunk of ice built up around/inside your AC system, then quickly turn it off and call a reliable repair service company
- Another sign is if your AC unit is generating a strong odor/smoke, then unplug it and call a service company quickly
The Risk of DIY : These indications are good enough to let you know something is not right with your AC unit. Although, don’t try to disassemble/repair the system all by yourself, as you take a risk of causing additional damage to the system or you might even get injured. In most cases, people who try to disassemble and repair on their own, generally end up paying more than they should (it is more like applying a topical cream for a serious fracture). Well trained technicians can do maintenance and repair for your AC in a cost effective way and in quick time.